The foundation of our Party is built on the values of ambition and success; with lower taxes, reward for hard work, and equal opportunity for all at its core.
Since the establishment of the National Party in 1936, our values have not just been words on a page. Their meaning drives our focus, our policy, and unites our people in a common purpose.
Empowering individual freedom and choice, personal responsibility, and caring communities is about making sure New Zealanders take ownership of their own future and set a good example for future generations.
We believe that Kiwis deserve a Government that will create and deliver opportunities for them and their families to get ahead, not take them backwards.
National have a proven track record of doing the hard work required to deliver real solutions to the serious issues facing Kiwis today. It’s not easy, but it’s solving these problems that really changes lives for the better.
We believe this will be achieved by building a society based on the following values:
- Loyalty to our country, its democratic principles and our Sovereign as Head of State.
- Recognition of the Treaty of Waitangi as the founding document of New Zealand
- National and personal security
- Equal citizenship and equal opportunity
- Individual freedom and choice
- Personal responsibility
- Competitive enterprise and rewards for achievement
- Limited Government
- Strong families and caring communities
- Sustainable development of our environment
Our values are Kiwi values.
Now that you know more about our values, join us and help deliver a National Government.