Fairer Employment Law
Right now, more than 200,000 New Zealanders are on unemployment benefits. Better employment law and incentives for job creation will help businesses take on new staff to get them off unemployment benefits.
National will simplify industrial relations legislation to reduce red tape and encourage businesses, in particular small businesses, to create new jobs.
Small businesses need to be trusted to do the right things by their staff without overly burdensome employment law and red tape holding them back.
National believes in a flexible, productive workplace where workers get a fair deal and businesses are productive. National supports an approach where employees and employers are trusted to work employment matters out themselves in good faith.
National backs the private sector to create jobs and get New Zealand moving again. Our JobStart policy will encourage businesses to create new jobs, get New Zealanders back into work and off Government welfare.
National’s JobStart scheme will:
- Provide a $10,000 cash payment to businesses that hire additional staff as part of our commitment to keeping New Zealanders in jobs.
- Give businesses greater confidence to hire new fulltime permanent staff and could incentivise up to 50,000 new jobs.
As well as JobStart, National will:
- Repeal the Government’s changes to the Employment Relations Act.
- Simplify the employment dispute resolution process.
- Get rid of the “no win no fee” provisions in the Employment Relations Act.
- Ensure our laws and polices get the right balance between health and safety and productivity.
Do you like this page?